Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Introducing the Gingerslut

Remember when we adopted sweet Willow last July? She's been a wonderful addition to our family. She and Dobby play a good bit (although they can still get hissy with each other), and she fits in very well.

I recall her Rescue Mom mentioning that Willow showed some aggression that is common with females in heat - that it's possible they didn't get all her "parts" during her spay (which, I've found, is quite common), and that some hormones might still be raging inside her.

We had some issues to begin with, but nothing that you wouldn't expect from a new quasi-adult cat being introduced to others. Nothing at all to indicate any weird hormones going on.

And then there was Sunday.

She talks. And she sings. She rolls around. And shouts. And rubs anything she can find. And she sticks her nether-regions up in the faces of the boys. Otis is all "get out of my grill, bitch," and Dobby is all "don't look at me - I don't know what to do," and it's a very, VERY noisy household. I'd get a picture or video of the chaos, but she shuts up when I pull out the camera.

I'm tracking how long the insanity goes on. The fact that we didn't see any signs for six months worries me - like maybe something's wrong. But she's undoubtedly looking for action - and not in pain.

I just wish I could get a decent night's sleep. So do Otis and Dobby, I'm sure.

No comments: