Monday, July 23, 2007

Ummm...Road Trip...?

Our sleepy little village is known for housing some famous chopper folks here. But just down the road, there was a business highlighted on Dirty Jobs recently, here and here (be forewarned - this episode is not for folks who don't want to see how leather is processed...eww).

But last night, while attending a Comprehensive Plan Committee meeting, I found out that just down the street from those two businesses is this one here, Montgomery Mills. I'd seen the old, weathered sign before, but I'd driven by, thinking it wasn't open. Ends up that it just has limited hours, and it still has a shop for the public. When I found this out, the rest of the meeting went something like this...

blah, blah, blah, yarn, blah, blah, blah, blah, must check it out during lunch break tomorrow, blah, blah, blah, I can't believe I never knew it was open, blah, blah, blah, just think - walking distance to yarn, blah, blah, blah, blah, yarn, blah, blah.

4 comments:

Lorena said...

DUDE! Hell yeah, road trip! And now we know what to do the Friday before Rhinebeck (besides, you know; drink).

Betharoopie said...

The good thing is we can do BOTH - that place is MAYBE 0.75 miles from the house. We can drink, walk, AND look at yarn. Although bad things happen when I'm tipsy in a yarn shop (to my credit card, that is)...

I'm checking it out at lunch today. Woohoo!

jacquieblackman said...

Hoping for a full report. Stat!

Kellycat said...

I watch Dirty jobs all the time, and when I saw that episode coming up after the pottery one I skipped through the whole thing. Thank someone for Tivo! Yuck~

Sounds like a lot of fun, and yarn to be had at the Mill.