Saturday, July 28, 2007

Icky Weekend of Much Hopefulness

Hot, humid, and thunderstorms. A lovely weekend forecast. So I'm trying to be positive and hope that the weekend will bring much productivity in the form of (1) knitting and (2) reading HP5 (yes, I'm slow) and (3) working on cleaning up this horribly dirty house.

Joe came back from Cleveland last night, and today we're heading over to a coworker's house for a surprise party for another coworker's wife who just got her degree and is going to be a teacher. Yay, Tina! Made a couple of batches of whipass cornbread (bacon, fresh corn, poblanos, jalapenos, cheddar, and hot monterey jack) and a marinated veggie salad, and hopefully we'll be able to enjoy the pool before it starts to rain.

I'm frantically working on Tubey, because I have to get it done by October, and September will be devoted to a sock-a-long. Here's what I've got so far:

Done with the back "tube" and almost finished with the striping of one sleeve. After reading a lot of blogs and KALs about the inevitable problem of large sleeves, I decided to do some mild decreasing down the arm. I'm a big gal, with big shoulders, but my arms are rather skinny. So we'll see how this turns out. You can see the decreases a little bit above, moreso below.

I really love the colors - magenta and orange from Sea Colors and the blue is from Sheepy Valley. I think it'll be nice and cozy in the fall come Sheep and Wool.

I'd best go take a shower and get going with my day. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

idyllicchick said...

The colors look great! Hurrah, Tubey!!

And that cornbread? Give you a dollar and a pinch on the bottom if you make some in October! There aren't many things I love more than good cornbread.

Eric K. said...

Joe might not appreciate it if I offered the pinch on the bottom, but what would it take to at least get the recipe for the cornbread? I bet it would go well with my Brunswick stew.