Monday, November 19, 2007

Okely-Dokely...

Got tagged by Sara, so here goes...

1-Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2-Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3-Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4-Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

I've done a few of these in the past, so forgive me if some of these are repeats, but here are some quick random things about me that I can think of during my lunch break. Not that I'm on the internet at work or anything. Ahem.

1) I bite my fingernails. I hate it, and every so often I can "break" the habit for a while, but then I fall off the wagon again.
2) When I was younger, I used to play my records (esp The Carpenters) and sing with my posters of Shawn Cassidy and other Tiger Beat hunks as the audience.
3) I planned on being an English teacher when I went to college. After taking an accounting course (because I also toyed with the idea of going into publishing) and doing rather well, I decided to get both English and Accounting degrees. It took some night and summer coursework, and virtually no fun time, but I completed both four years. I was insane.
4) I don't iron. I think I've used my ironing board 3 times in 6 years.
5) I don't eat anything that swam, crawled, and/or floated in a body of water...unless it was a swimming chicken. Seafood is just icky to me. If Joe wants it, he has to cook it and clean up afterwards. The smell makes me heave.
6) A perfect afternoon (if Joe is out of town) usually consists of some kind of cold, wet weather, a bottle of wine, pizza snacks, cuddling with the cats under a flannel blanket, and Lifetime TV. And knitting.
7) I can pretty much quote the lines, sound effects, and music of Romancing the Stone from beginning to end. When I was younger, my aunt had HBO and taped all kinds of movies for us. I fell in love with everything about this film, and I watched it repeatedly over one summer. Like several times a day. I still have to sit and watch it whenever it's on TV.

I'm not going to follow Rule #4, but here's a shout-out to the folks I'm tagging - Joe, Eric, Pam, Lorena, Jacquie, Sophia, Sharon. Play if you wish, but if you don't - Bill Gates won't be sending you to Disneyworld.*


*Of course, he won't be sending you if you DO play along, but that's neither here nor there.

No comments: