Sunday, November 18, 2007

When Critters Attack

Back when my mom and her friends came up for this fun weekend, Miss Nancy brought us the most delightful pumpkin that they found at a market on their drive. It held a place of honor on our front porch for some time.

As I was coming down the front stairs to make some coffee yesterday morning, I saw movement on the porch. I peered out the front door windows, and the carnage that was before me chilled my blood and brought fear to my heart. The images that follow might be disturbing to some.

And this gentleman was so kind as to attend the buffet with his "plus-one".

Unfortunately, not all critters were satisfied.

This is one of those days I wish I had an outdoor cat.

On the plus side, at least they're not eating the house, which is what the Marietta Squirrel Contingent did with our cedar home.

Keep eating, you rat bastards. Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, look at them on their big date! What a gentleman, I'm betting he got lucky afterward.

Any chance you want to do a meme? As someone who's lurked and been reading for a while I've tagged you,if nothing else it's easy blog fodder!

Thora said...

Ha! Brazen little buggers aren't they. Was Dobby banging that dish on the door to get out?