Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Long Time No Blog...

Okay - here's a quick recap of the last few weeks, mostly in pictures.

We had General Montgomery Day, and there was a beautiful tribute to Richie...in art,


...in his empty co-pilot seat on the fire truck...

...and there was also a riderless horse to honor his memory. It was very touching.

Considering this was the day that hurricane remnants were to come through the area, I thought it was well-attended and fun. Not a lot of vendors showed up, but I made sure to patronize those that did.
I guess one of the problems was that I went without Joe (he was in Nevada at the time on business). I'm guessing this is how "the rumors" started.

But on to more pleasant topics - here are some Aliens for Peace. Really...

The same night that I was asked about whether or not Joe left me, I was knitting on the couch (another sign of becoming the Crazy Divorced Cat Lady), when something caught my eye...

Just about every emergency vehicle in the county was down the road from me. Fire trucks, ambulances, volunteers...and of course our local paper did me proud and didn't mention a thing the next day. I have no idea what happened. But lots of pretty lights...

I took some cute pictures of Willow...

Napping in the sun...

Have I mentioned how very adorable she is...?

I've also been doing some knitting...turning the heel on some socks for me...

Starting some socks for Mom...

Just bought some beads for a mohair cowl for a local knitting group knit-a-long....

Started working on a Qiviut scarf - the pattern and yarn (part Alaskan musk ox) was given to me by a dear friend who will be visiting next month for NY Sheep & Wool Festival.

That's about it for now. Work is finally slowing down, but it's still a bit crazy at the moment.

And there you go!

No comments: