Friday, May 30, 2008

Dear Writers of Lost:

For a short week, this has been a rough one. In the last three days, I've worked at the office for a total of 36 hours. I was gearing up for a very rough Friday, and in this amazing time of wondrous technology, there was no reason for me to watch the two-hour season finale live last night.

And yet I did.

I was sucked in full-force, and by Hour Two I was in for the long haul. Sleep deprevation be damned. I grow weak in the knees at good story-telling, and you did not disappoint.

Thank you for making television watchable again. For keeping me alert during every godforsaken commercial as I waited for the show to resume. For allowing me to chew on every detail like a luxuriously long and delicious dinner. For giving me characters to love (or love to hate) and not taking the lazy way out with their stories. For teasing me and tempting me and giving me little bits to covet and guard and dissect to my heart's content.

And now, I must have coffee.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I was happy. I am perpetually worried about Aaron though.

Lorena said...

You said everything I was thinking!

Eric K. said...

Not being a Lost viewer, I'll just take your word for it....