Thursday, May 08, 2008

They're Off My Back!

The Monkeys, I mean...

Yay! Only 1.25 months late!

I *love* this yarn, courtesy of the dear Celena (I've never met her, but her colors rock, and her kids are too cute for words). I wasn't too fond of the pattern (particularly the heel), but I wanted to learn something new, and I did. I learned if I have a gut feeling about a pattern (and if some knitting-rock-star-friend has issues as well), then I should go with what I know and substitute a better heel. Lesson learned. The socks are tough to put on, but they fit perfectly once they're on.

Now - on to finishing up a shawl for a dear friend's wedding, and starting some socks for Joe in a Colorway-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named. I kid you not. From last year's Harry Potter sock club, from a totally delightful person.

And now, alas, I must get back to knitting. And washing sheets, because a certain ill kitty just isn't able to control all bodily functions these days. It doesn't happen often, but if you know cat pee, you know it's pretty vile. Yay, me...!

1 comment:

Lorena said...

Congratulations on your Monkeys!!!