Thursday, January 01, 2009

Two Thousand And Nine

Wow, I'm getting old.  And I feel every bit of it today, as I'm recovering from yet another wonderful NYEve with the Connors.  This time we only stayed up until 2:30am.  And I'm not hungover - just tired.  The most productive thing I did today was turn on the computer.

Speaking of which, this was our present to each other this year.  It's so very lovely.  There's a bit of a learning curve on certain applications, and it'll take a while to figure out what we HAVE to move over and what we can get rid of, but it's all good.  It'll probably be a good way to keep my brain active - learning new things and such.

Joe also got me a little digital video camera for xmas - just something small to bring to parties (for embarrassing evidence), family trips, or just hanging out with our crazy cats.  It's a lot of fun, and only one person has threatened me with violence.  So far.

As the sun sets on our first day of 2009, I find myself grateful for friends and family near and far - for the jobs we have and not having to worry about day-to-day living - that even though I have a chilly house, it is a sturdy one filled with love.  I have plenty of yarn to knit, books to read, food to eat...life is good.  Cheers!

1 comment:

jacquieblackman said...

Congrats on your new gift... Paul and I have iMacs and we luuuuuuurve them.

Happy New Year, my friends!!