Sunday, October 14, 2007

Diary of a Mad, Cluttered Knitta...

Okay, so going in to work both Saturday and Sunday did NOT help things...

Joe and I are pretty awesome cleaners. Not in the daily, weekly, or even monthly sense. But in the holy-crap-real-live-people-are-coming-over-this-week sense.

You see (and here's where I justify it), we have a big, old house. With lots of rooms only the cats use. And lots of construction going on. So we tend not to care about the spiderwebs in the corners or the boxes in the middle of a room we never use. But with guests? Overnight guests? Seven guests for a long weekend? Yup.

I'll never be Martha Stewart. Heck - I'm lucky if I'm Jon Stewart. And the things I notice in my own house (dust, clutter, etc) are things I tend to really overlook when visiting someone else - aren't we all overly critical of ourselves? But...? Still...

Off I go to clean...

3 comments:

idyllicchick said...

Stop cleaning! We'll be too drunk to notice anything besides Joe's cute butt.

Lorena said...

I second that!

Pam said...

Seriously Beth, real friends don't really give a crap. We just want to see you! (Advice that you'll have to tell me the next time you come here! Hee Hee!)