Saturday, September 23, 2006

Painting the Porch

It's a coolish, overcast day in the Hudson Valley, and Joe and I are putting the first coat of paint on the porch trim. We want to get this done before the cold weather really starts. It's going pretty well, but we needed a break for lunch, and he stopped off next door to see if he could help neighbors Brad and Angela with a possible leak. He's such a handy guy. How'd I get so lucky?

Other than that, the day will be mostly devoted to:
- opening the week's mail - yes, I toss it all in a big basket and don't even go through it until the weekends - about 90% of it ends up shredded or in the recycle bin, anyway
- knitting - hoping to finish Megan's hedgie - had to frog most of the back off due to poor counting skills, giving him an Igoresque lump rather than a symetrically rounded back
- finding creative ways to use the rest of our bounty from a local farm - we got a purdy acorn squash this week, and I think I'll pair that with some veggie soup for the chilly evening.
- lazy productivity - paying bills, doing laundry, pushing the button on the Roomba - things that need to get done but don't require much out of me and can usually be done while catching up on DVR'd TV shows

Oh - and since I just found out our good friends read this pretty regularly - KRISTIN - GOT YOUR MESSAGE LATE YESTERDAY - WE'RE HOPING TO CALL YOU SOON AND LEARN THE STORY BEHIND YOUR MOVING TO FRANCE IN A FEW MONTHS!

Tomorrow is my last Sunday of work. September is budget-hell time, so I've been working 6-day-weeks since Labor Day. It sucks. One more freakin' week, and I'm done.

No comments: