Friday, January 26, 2007

HAAAY to my SP9 Spoilee!

Hello there, Lara - it's been such fun spoiling you! I hope you have enjoyed it. According to Fedex, you should be getting your #3 package by Saturday (and in that package is the big reveal), so...well...here I am!

It's been so fun and inspiring reading your blog - you have done such wonderful things - and with four kids! It's amazing you're sane, much less churning out such beautiful work!

To answer an earlier question that I didn't mention before - yes, that's your Lady Eleanor on the CD - I snagged the photo from your blog and enlarged it for the CD cover. The colors you chose are simply gorgeous. I don't know if you've taken a listen to the CD yet, but I hope you like it. The only thing the songs have in common is a sense of peace or calm - if not in words, then in music. Of course, if your sense of peace and my sense of peace are completely different, you can just use it as a coaster and not tell me about it! ;)

Thanks for being so nice and responsive in your emails - I cannot stress how much fun this has been. The Inca cotton, the stitchmarkers, the felted pumpkin, and the yarn in your final package were all purchased at the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival. If you ever feel the need to travel East and indulge in your yarn habit, you are welcome - we live only about an hour away from the fairgrounds. And my husband makes killer margaritas!

Thanks to your inspiration - I have now started my first sweater! The picture doesn't do the colors justice - the "purple" is more of a winey maroon, and the orange is filled with streaks of that same wine color. I also got this at the Fest, from a lady who raises sheep in Maine. It's a very simple tunic pattern, but I figured I'd best start simple and just get that first sweater under my belt, so to speak. Nevermind the turquoise stitch-markers...

Anyhow, thanks again for being so wonderful. I look forward to reading more about your accomplishments in the future!

1 comment:

Lara said...

Hi Beth - Thank you so much for your thoughtful packages. I have had a lot of fun being spoiled by you and my family has too! I would love to go to the Rhinebeck festival so don't be surprised if I take you up on those margaritas!

I am so glad you are starting your first sweater! I think you will find it is much easier than it appears. I can't wait to see the finished results. It looks great so far.

Thank you again for being my Secret Pal. You have made this swap an awesome experience. You are awesome!