Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Joe's Timing Sucks...

...or, This is for Amy! :)


So Joe went out of town this week, and he took the new snazzy camera. Trouble is, he also took all the batteries we had left. So the older camera (which is still a decent point-n-shoot, thankyouverymuch), which had very little life left in the batteries, was what I had to deal with last night.


And Amy mentioned that she was jonesing for a new post (well, those are my words, not hers).

Anyone want any veggies? Huh?

And a close-up of the Mutant Tomatoes of Death...

I was trying to get a picture of our FULL! freezer when the batteries gave out.

Then I felt something cold, wet, and weird on the back of my arm. Strain to look behind me - nothing. Start to clean out the cat box, feel the cold thing again. Check myself in the mirror, and it was...






Yeah. No picture. Thanks, Joe. >:P

It was the teeeeensiest weeeeeensiest slug - must have come off the corn when I was bagging it. I held him on my index finger while I frantically searched for camera batteries, but no such luck. He barely covered half the width of my fingernail, he was so teeeniney. I released him into the yard, where he'll probably die a tragic death, but at least in my mind he's got a second chance.

Tonight - I begin to paint the bathroom! But no pictures...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Beth! :)

I am jealous of your CSA, although probably I would let about 90% of that stuff rot due to lack of time and motivation.

Lorena said...

And I probably would have let 90% of the stuff rot because I would have died of fright if something cold and wet was crawling on me. ;p