Sunday, September 16, 2007

Progress! And Partying!

By Friday evening, I'd gotten done with almost all of the gusset increases on my Snarkalong socks. I really liked how the colors were pooling around the ankle - kinda makes them look a bit clowny, but the yellow and orange are so lovely and vibrant. They're very happy socks.

On the one day I could sleep in this weekend (Saturday), I woke up at 6:00am and couldn't get back to sleep. So I wandered down to the living room, popped some old favorites into the DVD player (Old School and Grosse Pointe Blank), and went to town on turning the heels. Got a few rows into the heel flap, got confused, sent out an SOS email to my knitting friends, then got back on track. By the time we got to E's birthday party Saturday afternoon, I was well on my way to the leg of one sock.

Congrats on becoming a teenager, E! Everything that happens in the next 5 years will be wonderful and horrible, all at the same time. You'll be glad you got through it, happy about where you ended up, but you'll never want to do it again. Ever.

Back to the socks...I knew the best thing for me to do while drinking wine was to just stick to the easy stuff (going round and round and round with the ribbed garter stitch). Well, I was 3 rows into the leg when I realized I was still doing the back of the leg in st stitch (much like the bottom of the foot), rather than starting the pattern all around the leg. D'oh! Tinked back, had some more wine, and kept on truckin'. At some point I certainly had to stop knitting (what with all the wine), but considering how bad it could have been, I think I got off easy by only losing 1 needle near the fire.

I had to get up early this morning to work (booo! hissss!), but now I'm back, will wind down with the 2nd heel flap, and then start helping Joe with the painting.

Oh, didn't I tell you? Joe finished sanding the drywall Friday night...

The bathroom is looking awesome! Joe, however, wasn't loooking his best...

Today Joe is priming so we can put up the shower walls, paint, and refinish the floors. I, however, am taking a break while doing laundry and freezer-diving for dinner. I think there's a chicken-and-swiss-chard-enchilada-lasagna in there somewhere...

1 comment:

Eric K. said...

Grosse Point Blank is one of my favorites. Good choice for an insomnia morning. Glad to see the progress being made on the bathroom! Conrgrats!