Sunday, October 22, 2006

Please, Sir, I Want Some More...

(Sung to the tune of "Food, Glorious Food" from Oliver!)

Wool, glorious wool!

Sheep, Llama, Alpaca

Just look at the yarn

And your lips will smack-a

Who needs money anyway

Who really needs food –

With WOOL,

Once again, WOOL,

Fabulous WOOL,

Glorious WOOOOOOOOOOOOL...

A few comments: Yes, it was wonderful. Yes, I spent way too much money. No, I didn't meet Yarn Harlot, but then again unless she poked me in the butt with a knitting needle and told me to hold her sock, I wouldn't have taken my eyes off of the feast before me. 4 hours and 2 trips to the car later, I still didn't see everything. But I do have plans for several hats, even more socks, and a SWEATER! So to all you yarny friends out there - you now have an open invitation to my house this time every year.

4 comments:

idyllicchick said...

It's all *so* beautiful! I'd like to go ahead and reserve a spot on your couch/floor/barn roof for next year!

idyllicchick said...

OH! And the song was fabulously funny! You have a great voice. ;-)

Betharoopie said...

Oh - and those last two pictures? Only about half of what I brought home. Got lots of other goodies, but they're a secret! Shhh!

Lorena said...

Oh my god, I think I just peed my pants a little.

Seriously, Sharon and I were talking about coming up next year and I have decided to go for it. As soon as they set the date I'll start stalking plane tickets. Any sleeping spot available would be muchly appreciated! (And, uh, a ride from and to an airport, I guess, that would be nice; I pay in beer and wool!)