Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Finally on the Needles...

Spending a few hours at the laundromat has its advantages...

On the left is Joe's first Cigar glove (in Cascade 220 The Heathers), and on the right is the beginning of Mom's socks (Tweed Cascade in charcoal). Playing it safe, I had them pick out their own yarns when we visited this most excellent yarn shop in St Louis. The glove is coming along better than I thought, but then again I haven't tackled the fingers yet - just held aside the thumb and pinky for working later. Mom's socks SHOULD be a no-brainer. My first socks were nice comfy socks in worsted. Then I went to sport weight, then to sock weight. I'm going to stick with worsted for now, since they're quick and comfy in this cold weather. I'll tackle more sock yarns when I get a few more socks under my belt. I'm still not as consistent as I'd like.

Totally different subject - since when was it appropriate for kids to BANG on the door at Halloween a mere 2 seconds after ringing the doorbell? I'm at the PC, only 5 strides from the door, and those little punks keep banging on my nice storm door. I'm turning into That Crusty Old Cat Lady On The Hill, I know it. But this Crusty Old Lady appreciated the 7-year-old in the Grim Reaper costume. At least he was polite, AND creative. He got two handsful of goodies.

No comments: