Monday, December 25, 2006

Holidays 2006 - Day Three

Merry Christmas!

What a wonderful time we had with Russ, Roe, and their family and friends yesterday. Much food and wine (beer, bourbon, limoncello) was had by all. So much so that this morning I did a hilly 5K on the treadmill and feel bunches better.

Hey - I finished Joe's gloves! Not a great pic, but he was in the shop when I wanted to take a pic, so this is me with the camera on timer. Hence the baginess of the gloves. This was a great pattern - very easy to follow. I would just recommend, however, writing down how long the fingers are on the first glove. Even though I knit up the 2nd glove by CONSTANTLY comparing it to the first one, evidently I'm about a row short. In socks, it's not noticeable. In fingers, it's a little snug. I should rip them out and start over, but Joe won't have that. Maybe I can block an itsy bit of length out of the fingers...? Anyhow, I loved this pattern and already have requests from his cigar-loving friends. But that'll have to wait - I've got too many "required" objects right now, and knitting ceases to be fun for me when I have a deadline.

On today's agenda - FELIZ NAVIDAD FIESTA! As is tradition, when Joe and I aren't with family or friends on Christmas, we pull out the tequila and avocados and rock with some Mexican food. We went to the market for some awesome cheeses on Saturday, and our pals Russ and Roe gave us a fajita kit last night for Christmas (including that sizzly pan and the cute black bowls all the sides come in). We're so psyched. Chips, salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole, tequila chicken fajitas, spinach enchiladas with roasted tomato sauce, and many many margaritas and beer. Betcha wanna join us now, eh?

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Peace.

No comments: