Thursday, May 24, 2007

Summer Knitting...Had Me a Blast...

Totally taken from Jacquie's blog: I might as well put my hat in the ring in the Skeins Her Way pre-summer knitting contest. If you go, say Cigarsontheporch sent you!

My summer knitting PLANS (key word here) - mainly to finish some WIPs:
1. Mom's toe-up socks in Sockotta (kinda look like Froot Loops, but it's okay - she wanted light and colorful) - only halfway up one foot so far.
2. Finish the surprise Hedgie for a good friend (good friends always deserve hedgies) - just needs felting and stuffing.
3. Complete the French Market Bag (I'm almost to the handles).
4. Start/Finish funky surprise for my Mom (can't spoil it, you know)
5. Start/Finish Branching Out Scarf - in this lovely Thistle Down yarn I got at Rhinebeck last year.
6. Finish the KNITTING portion of My First Sweater. It very well might suck, but I need to get it behind me. So far, I'm about 1/3 up the front.

I'm SUCH a list-maker in many aspects of my life, but I've never written down my current knitting goals. Usually they're just up in my craft/workout/bastard room in different project bags until I get a bug under my butt. Now I have goals. Woohoo!

I also have high hopes. I'm a VERY slow knitter - don't have many opportunities during the week. Also, it's getting kinda warm up here - central A/C doesn't exist in a 130-year-old home. But - as gawd as my witness - I will do my best to complete the tasks before me. Pointy sticks at the ready.....Rrraaaahhhh!!!

1 comment:

jacquieblackman said...

Yea!

Don't forget to post a message on SHW about what color and who directed you to the contest ::wink, wink:: and email her the link to your post. If you don't you're not officially entered in the contest (but you probably knew that already).