Monday, August 27, 2007

ANSWERS!

Only because 8 people will never respond, and I have no patience...

1) TRUE - I have played piano since I can remember. I've played recitals, weddings (ach, if we hear Pachelbel's Canon one more time, Pammy!), receptions, graduations, judged competitions, etc. But I *HATE* playing in front of people. I always have. Most days I play when I'm alone now. I love it, but I hate it...

2) PARTIALLY TRUE - Everything about that statement was pretty much true except for dating Alan Jackson's nephew. I had a major crush on him, and I hung out with them a lot (there were a lot of GT boys I had the hots for, let me tell ya), but he never paid me no mind. Don't know why, though...I'm such a catch... ;)

3) TRUE - Yes, Eric - they scheduled SATs on a UGA home game day. I called Pam's parents, and Sherrie answered. I was so very happy to have someone rescue me. Yes, it was a boneheaded move on the part of the test folks. Let's hope they learned from their mistakes.

4) TRUE - Yes, I just about took home a stranded kitty from Arkansas. At the time, I was flying the corporate jet (sounds impressive, but it wasn't), and I was thinking of how I'd get her on the plane. Fortunately there was a cat rescue group in Ashley County, where I was working, and I found out later a former coworker adopter her. The kitten later died of a disease, but she was happy until her final days.

5) FALSE - I should have known you Athens gals would have known that. Our school did have a wall knocked down from a tornado, but I think it was a weekend, and it was a wall that did nothing but shield a parking lot and say "Barnett Shoals" on the side.

6) TRUE - My dad and I raised white wyandotte bantams early on, then after he retired from his "day job" he started with different breeds. Here's something I found just tonight - he wrote this about a year before he died. He'd won a few awards at the national level, and people paid for chicks from his top-winning birds - from all over the country. One of these days I might share what his dear "chicken buddy" friend wrote about him in the publications. He was something.

7) I did meet Joe in a bowling alley parking lot - somewhere near the Dollar Theater on Buford Hwy in Atlanta. I thought he looked like Mario from Nintendo, and I thought it was odd he brought his own ball and shoes. I was totally infatuated with his friend, Neil. I found out soon enough what a hound dog Neil was, and at the mutual birthday bash (me, Pete, and Joe), Joe showed up with a white stuffed elephant (after I'd mentioned that the way to a girl's heart is through cute stuffed animals) and a card with a trumpet-and-sax-and-trombone-playing rabbit that said "I have the hornies for you." Tim was our wonderful designated driver while Joe first hit on me, then I totally tumbled for him. The rest is history...er...until he passed out and gave us the BEST party photos ever. ;)

Well, that's it. Thanks for reading my self-indulgent tirade.

5 comments:

Lorena said...

Not looking! Not looking! I'm not looking at the answers because I haven't had time to guess yet! Ack!

Anonymous said...

How fun was this!! I talked to Pete about which came first, the bowling alley or the birthday parties. . .he remembered bowling! I was living in another state at the time, so the first time I remember you meeting Joe WAS at the party! ;^)! And Joe must have made the hair comment twice that night. It was the last thing he said to me in the breezeway that night before leaving! Good times! Thanks, Beth!

Eric K. said...

Well, Joe certainly had a thing for hair, so I can understand him making that comment twice!!! (no offense, there, buddy) And I totally forgot about Neil! Any idea what he's up to these days?

Pam said...

That was totally fun. Funny, when I read the bit about AJ's nephew, I thought to myself, "Oh I didn't know they dated." HA! I totally believed the part about your Dad and chickens, I just didn't know you did the grooming.

And seriously...Neil? Ugh! Joe's a MUCH better catch. ;)

Anonymous said...

Joe is a great catch! Funny that you ask about Neil. Peter is working in SC for a month and saw the Copelands, Nick Jenkins and his new wife Beth, and Tina Weatherman for dinner on Sunday! Neil is still living in Atlanta and still married to Stephanie. They have two girls Olivia, 6, and Sara, 4.