Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Whole Lotta Hoot and a Little Bitta Nanny

Yesterday was a grand day in all respects except one - there just wasn't enough of it. I could have spent a whole week on just yesterday. First, after Joe spent some time working on the porch, and I spent some time not being very productive, we ambled on up to Woodstock to a party with our pals, the VanDuzers. Had a great time meeting new folks, and the skies cleared up just long enough to get a couple of songs in from this talented bunch. Alas we had to leave too soon, as we needed to head back to dinner with some other friends.

But we had to make one stop first, since we're rarely in Woodstock - this yarn shop. It was huge, open, airy, and attended to by a very fabulous gentleman. I didn't do too much damage - got a couple of skeins of Classic Elite Yarns Beatrice and 3 skeins of EA Andes. As usual, I don't know what I'm going to do with it - especially since my experience is limited to hats, scarves, socks, and strange animals. But that's what's so fun - just grabbing something and pondering it until the perfect project comes along.

And now, I leave you with the chicken from the backyard of the yarn shop. Because all good yarn shops need to have chickens wandering around.

1 comment:

Lorena said...

"Despite what you may have heard, Woodstock Wool Company has presently discontinued its program teaching your pets how to knit. We hope to be able to offer this again at some point in the future. Until that time, your pets are welcome in our store."

BAHAHAHAHAH! I so want to shop there!