Monday, August 07, 2006

WW Confessions - Week 19

So even though I'm starting Week 19 of Weight Watchers, this is really Week 1 of anyone besides close friends and supporters knowing about it. So there ya go. My name is Beth, and I have an eating problem.

Always have had one, actually. A very picky eater, I ate massive quantities of what I liked (peanuts, mac&cheese, pizza). Blew up to 180 lbs in high school (at 5'10" it wasn't bad, but for 16 years old it sucked). Began running, lost 40 lbs, and got back on track. Was LOVING the new me. I'll always have child-bearing hips, but my side profile was ooh-lah-lah.

Got in even better shape in college. Ran, played sports, lived on the salad bar at the student center. Then I moved off campus. Where Pizza Hut delivered, where I bought Ben & Jerry's ice cream to scarf down on the drive home to see my parents, and where I met my future hubby, and evenings were filled with drinking, eating, and er...having fun.

Gained bunches of weight - topped out at 205 when my boyfriend and I moved in together. We both lost weight prior to engagement - I was a proud loser of 40 lbs, and a pretty hot bride, if I do say so myself. Then came marriage.

Basically, and shamefully, I've gained about 10 lbs a year since I got married. I'm embarrassed by this, but it's the only way I'll put it out there and accept my past faults. I started losing pretty good until we moved to NY. With 5 pizza joints within walking distance. Damn, I love me some pizza.

And after many attempts and failures, and thanks to the wonderful advice from my online friends, I joined Weight Watchers. This was so easy! And it worked! And I hit 25 lbs within no time! But then I got cocky. Gain 0.5 lbs this week. Lose 1 next week. And so it went, and HAS BEEN going for about 2 months. Then it all came to a head over this past weekend.

Didn't count points starting Friday night. Then Sat we spent drinking more than we should. Then Sunday - this is the kicker, and it pains me to confess: I had a Luna bar, a Lean Pocket, Panera Bread (hubby and I split 2 sandwiches - Turkey club and veggie - condiments and chips included), then for dinner I had a bite of his Philly Cheesesteak, then three (count'em THREE) slices of BUFFALO CHICKEN PIZZA. Then hubby went to the local ice cream shop for some blizzards with candy.

I have never felt so sick in my life. Ugh.

So when the WW scale said +2.8 this week, I wasn't surprised in the slightest. But I convinced myself to go to tonight's meeting (it's hard to go to the meeting when you have bad news), and as usual I feel inspired. I just need to keep that inspiration all week.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I'm 22 lbs closer to my goal, and even if only 2 people read this I know I'm at least confessing to someone.

1 comment:

Lorena said...

I don't think it gets easier. I made lifetime a couple of months ago, having met my WW goal and kept it... but I STILL have to police what I eat and drink. It's so easy to say "well, I only get weight once a month now, so I can slack off for three weeks and then kick ass one week and come out even." Hi, I'm a foodaholic! ;-)